CESBC AGM 2022 - President's Report
2022 CESBC AGM Election News
Our Chapter AGM was held on October 28, 2022 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. With Jeanne Legare (Treasurer), Beth Gardner and Sarah Boorman (National Council Representatives), and Cassandra Parsons (Student and Emerging Evaluators Coordinator) stepping away, plus the absence of a President, there were at least 3 vacant Council positions and 4 vacant Coordinator positions. In accordance with the structure and procedures laid out in our Chapter Bylaws, Brian McGowan chaired our AGM election which produced the following results:
- President: Kasra Hassani - elected
- National Council Representative: Helaine Krystkowiak - elected
- Treasurer: Anne Worthington – recommended as a post-AGM Council appointment
- Member at Large (Conference co-Lead 2): vacant (and not filled) after Kasra was elected President.
All elections were by acclamation.
- Vice-President: Slavica Stevanovic - continuing term
- Secretary: Megan Ondr-Cooper - continuing term
- Member at Large (Membership Secretary): Golareh Habibi - continuing term
- Member at Large (Professional Development & Communication): Julia Langton - continuing term
- Member at Large (Conference co-Lead 1): Melanie Michener - continuing term
In addition, the following members are recommended as post-AGM Council appointments for Coordinator positions:
- Student and Emerging Evaluators (SEE) Coordinator: Eirini Giannaraki
- Lower Mainland Coordinator #2: Becky Gormley
- Northern BC Coordinator: Simran Jawanda
- Vancouver Island Coordinator: Michelle Vanchu-Orosco - continuing term
- Vancouver Island Coordinator 2: Vacant
- National Council Representative 2: Vacant
- BC Interior / Okanagan Coordinator: Don Murray - continuing term
- Lower Mainland Coordinator 1: Reilly Baldwin - continuing term
Our new additions bring energy, skills and experience to Council as we look forward to an exciting new year.
Chair, CESBC 2022 Nominations Committee